Marrakech has always been something of a pleasure, a marketplace where the southern tribesmen and Berber villagers bring their goods, spend their money and find entertainment. For visitors it’s an enduring fantasy a city of immense beauty, low, red and tent-like before a great shaft of mountains immediately exciting.
- Half-Day Marrakech Souks Guided Walking Tour Of Marrakech
A delightful walking tour inside the colorful Souks in the Medina of Marrakech. We will offer you a feast for your senses as you will taste some local produce, smell the fragrance of the local spices and oils, touch the texture of the local fabrics, see the colorful markets and listen to the sounds of everyday life in this world of its own.
• Walk through this maze of narrow colorful street sand-feel yourself travelling back in time through this bustling part of town. Stop by the stalls of olives and taste the different varieties of one of Morocco‟s premium products. Smell the fragrance of the different fresh herbs used for making Marrakech‟s special tea and taste traditional Moroccan mixed snacks which are offered to guests as a sign of good hospitality.
• We will take you to the heart of the traditional markets to see different alleys, quarters and the bright colors of the stores displaying garments, shawls and fabrics made of wool, cotton or vegetable silks; feel the texture of all these fabrics and learn about their quality. Stop every now and then at your ease and haggle over the price of different items. With the help of our guide, we may talk to the crafts people and ask them questions in order to learn more about their traditions and skills.
• We visit one of the many herbalist stores in the Souk and learn about the spices and their use in the Moroccan cuisine, smell Arab medicinal herbs and Berber essential oils.
• We will end our stroll on the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Jemaa El Fna square, to listen to some of the local folklore traditions such as the Berber musicians, the Gnaoua drummers, the story tellers…
Our guide will explain the meaning of all these activities while you hear the voices of medicine men and fortune tellers trying to attract and convince their audience. We will see the local dancers, the acrobats, the snake charmers and learn about each of these ancestral performances.